As part of our privacy and cookies policy we will obtain personal data about you such as your name and address whenever you complete an online form. For example, we will obtain your personal data when you contact us for any reason.
How we may use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes include:
• to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
• statistical analysis
• customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
• marketing – see ‘Marketing and opting out’ below
• fraud prevention and detection
• customizing this website and its content to your particular preferences
• improving our services.
Marketing and opting out
Unless you have asked us not to do so, we may contact you by mail, telephone, SMS, text/picture/video message, fax, email) about any of our services which may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any further marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See further ‘Your rights’ below.
Sharing your data with Third Parties
We will never sell your Personal Data to any third party. We don’t trade, share or transfer your personal data to third parties except to comply with law enforcement and legal obligations, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our site, our users, and others.
Keeping your data secure
We are committed to protecting your personal information against unauthorized use or disclosure.We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you access your personal information. We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, regulation or legal request; enforce our site policies or protect ours or others rights, property or safety or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. However non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing or other uses. We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
• give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his or her personal data
• receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
Your Controls and Choices
We may provide you with the opportunity to “opt-out” of having your personal data used for certain purposes when we ask for this data. If you decide to opt-out, we may not be able to provide certain features of the Website to you.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt out of receiving them by following the instructions included on such communications or on the Website. Please note, however, that customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account with us.
You can remove or block certain cookies using the settings in your browser but the Offerings may cease to function properly if you do so. Please note, that you may be unable to block certain service-related cookies.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Your Web browser may have a “do not track” setting which, when enabled, causes your browser to send a do not track HTTP header file or “signal” to each site you visit. At present, the Website does not respond to this type of signal.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Data
When you use the Offerings, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal data upon your request and either provide you the means to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.
You may access, review, correct, update, change, or delete your data at any time. To do so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the data requested to be accessed, corrected or removed. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort (for instance, requests concerning data residing on backup tapes), jeopardize the privacy of others, would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide data access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
We may retain your data as necessary to maintain our Website operation, comply with our legal obligations, or resolve disputes.
Your Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
You may exercise certain rights regarding your Personal Data processed by SalesCaptain. In particular, you have the right to do the following:
• Withdraw your consent at any time. You have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given it to the processing of your Personal Data.
• Object to the processing of your Data. You have the right to object to the processing of your Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
• Access your Data. You have the right to learn if data is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
• Verify and seek rectification. You have the right to verify the accuracy of your data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
• Restrict the processing of your data. You have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your data. In this case, SalesCaptain will not process your data for any purpose other than storing it.
• Have your Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. You have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of your data from SalesCaptain.
• Receive your data and have it transferred to another controller. You have the right to receive your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on your consent, on a contract which you are part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
• Lodge a complaint. You have the right to bring a claim before a data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in SalesCaptain or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by SalesCaptain, you may object to such processing by providing a ground related to your particular situation to justify the objection.
You must know that, however, should your Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, you can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether SalesCaptain is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, you may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise your rights can be directed to SalesCaptain through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by SalesCaptain as early as possible and always within one month.
International Transfer of Data